Saturday, January 24, 2015

Her Name...

(A little print I ordered for our nursery from Little Emma's Flowers)

If we had a boy, we knew exactly what the name would be, but we were more iffy on the girl name. We went into it thinking Elle would be the name, but there was something about it that just wasn't quite cozy enough. I just couldn't wrap my heart around it so we kept brainstorming...You have NO idea how many names we went through. 

This one day Ryan made sausage and our house smelled horrible...and being pregnant those bad smells just don't sit well with me. So we decided to be super classy and go to the school building right by our house and cook top ramen in the microwaves over there...yeah...we fancy. So we're in the elevator on the way up and Ryan is listing off names...he said a few and almost all of them I immediately responded with a repulsed look or sound (bad wife moment). Ryan really liked the ones he was listing...oopsies. Before he said the next one he had to warn me..."Annie I really like this one so please just think about it." And I realized I needed to be a little better with my responses. Ready this time I responded with a "Okay, what is it?" Again, we're in the elevator...just us two and he says, "I just texted it to you." He was SO nervous and it was the cutest thing in the entire world! I was obviously obsessed with him for a second and then took a look at my phone. "Rosalie." 

I thought about it. I was really unsure about it at first. I don't know why, but I just couldn't tell how I felt about it. I liked it, but could I see my baby being named that...I couldn't tell yet. But, then I started to really thinking about it. I imagined calling her Rosie and I imagined her introducing herself as Rosalie... and it started to sink in...I was falling in love with it. Over the next few days Ryan kept referring to her as Rosie and Rosalie and it just fit! That was the name! So at least as of now... We will be welcoming a little Rosalie Jean Kimball into our family!!! Jean is the middle name of all of Ryan's grandmothers, his sister Cassidy and my sister-in-law Holly so that was the easy part. 

Anyway, Rosalie Jean. I hope you love it as much as we do!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OK annie, i really loved the name elle for you - but now that i'm picturing a little rosie running around, i'm just falling in love. you are ryan are the coolest and rosie will be the most magical child to ever walk the earth! can't wait for her! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! It was so hard to decide! I'm so excited. I swear it's not really happening. Eeee! You need to help me decorate my nursery.

      Delete