Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's a Little Lady!

To find out what our sweet baby was I decided to throw a little gender reveal party just to make the moment even more special. My sister Kim made these magical invites (you can find her stuff at Dear Dearest Design on Etsy) and it set the perfect tone for whole event!



We went to the doc and had them put the photos in a little envelope and we drove them straight to my friends Jamie and Ali because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist looking very long if I had them in my hand! So my lovely friends went to work from there! They got this huge black balloon and filled it with colored confetti and then they got these huge boxes and filled them with balloons and then throw in some silly string cans and some enormous party poppers and we were all set for an explosion!! 

Now over the next 24 hours I kept trying to get a feel from Ali what the gender was. I kept trying to trick her into telling me, but she didn't crack. I tried to analyze her reactions and still came up with nothing. But, here's the real kicker. I was CONVINCED that I was having a boy...like there was no doubt in my mind! I had no reason to think it, but I just knew it was going to be a boy! I even started registering and only added boy stuff! Seriously with every part of me I thought that explosion was going to be blue. 

So we're all gathered, my family is on hangouts and we start to countdown. In my head I just kept thinking, "This room is about to turn blue!" We get down to three...two...one...POP and tears...I immediately started crying. I was SHOCKED!!!!!!!! AND SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I would have been happy either way, but my WHOLE life I wanted a girl first and it happened! It was just too good to be true!

I still feel like it's a dream...like the world is tricking me or something, but man you guys...I could not be more stoked about it. EEEE I get to buy bows and dresses and snuggle my cute little lady! I can't believe this is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment